Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Recovery for a terrible day in which i felt deep ennui


So... it doesn't matter if I'm doing something wrong, as long as I pay attention and stay awake enough to make tweaks every day.

Stability can come from anywhere. Your family. Maybe today, my family was the gentleman who (out of nowhere) knew my name and poured me a free glass of wine at the neighborhood cafe as i did maths and ate huauzontle. Or the way my brand new cleaning lady explained her pride in her work and her insistence on justice, and repeated my phone number slowly and firmly, as if to memorize it. All I had to do today was listen, and the gente showed a lot of heart. When you are patient enough to see how much some people care, all else can settle in and rest. Lots of people have dreams on a thread out there - and every one is worth reinforcing, if we get so lucky to be that awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment