Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The mosquito of bad sleep nights

Sometimes I am afraid
That the mosquito that haunts me in my sleep at night is a figment of my imagination
Like titinnitus, or ants crawling on your skin
Something my wild mind creates to haunt me when I cannot rest - when I pull the covers up over my head and leave a hole for my face to breathe- and the mosquito buzzes, buzzes, zips like an evil beast and runs into my neck, sits on my nose to laugh.

Sits upon my nose to laugh at my cheeks!
I cannot kill it! It doesn't die!
BAP!

I turn the lights back on. As I write this it runs into my neck. BLASP! I injure it. I cannot kill it. I throw it by the legs off my bed and onto the wooden floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment