Sunday, October 14, 2012

A never-sent response to micromanagement and communication ausentía

Never sent only drafted
I was so furious
I think my final response was brief

...
OK. It has been a very rough week, I know I am not the only one who has been working 16 hour days. I stand by the importance of the mobile offsite, since mobile is driving 40% of revenue growth for mature countries and mexico should be soon to follow. The GRM duties was in conflict with the enormous amount of work I had to put into the presentation this week. I recognize that I prioritized trying to go above and beyond with the client rather than above and beyond with GRM... I could not do both because there was not enough time to sleep. Over time I will get more efficient and GRM

I know that task efficiency will improve over time and we are still getting used to the flow. I appreciate overcommunication by both you and my boss via email so each day the priorities are clear and the strategies to get there are clear. Over time this will be less necessary as workflow becomes ingrained and efficiency increases, but during this period is essential so I can turn down tasks that matter less. I will do my best to perform!

I am going to try to avoid being miserable in this job. I am prepared to do what it takes to love this job despite the challenges. I  All I ask is for clarity and encouragement because this is going to be one of the hardest and most discouraging months of my life. I think we are a great team and I think we have the potential to be much more efficient.

I'm sorry to pressure you and Javi around my schedule but it is extremely important for me to feel in control during this transition month since there is an enormous number of things already falling through the cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment